We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full. We encourage all qualified students to apply.
Students who apply to become a part of the TRIO Achievers program must be:
- A U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident with a Form I-551, I-151, or I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card), also known as a green card.
- or a non-citizen eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- You can find a list of eligible non-citizens here
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at Cal Poly.
Additionally, selection for the TRIO Achievers program is based on students meeting at least one of the following federal requirements:
First-Generation College Student
- A student, neither of whose natural or adoptive parents received a baccalaureate degree; or
- A student whose sole custodial parent did not receive a baccalaureate degree;
Low Income Eligible
Based on the U.S. Department of Education low-income guidelines, determine if your family's taxable income fell at or below the listed income for your family size.
If a student has a documented (physical or learning) disability, the student is eligible for the TRIO Achievers program.
Students who have a disability, as defined by Section 504/ADA, may be eligible for participation in TRIO Achievers as a result of the educational needs stemming from that disability. Submit a copy of disability documentation or ask your counselor in Disability Resource Center to send a referral notice to the TRIO Achievers office.